My role as the ESOL teacher is to improve your students' English skills. I will do this by using the CCGPS and consulting the WIDA language standards to be sure the students are making progress. The slideshow presentation below has information that may be helpful to you. If at any time you have any questions or concerns please contact me.
After watching this video, think about these questions:
- What CAN Moises DO?
- What supports did Moises use? (picture cues, realia, bilingual partner, word to word dictionary)
- What other supports could be in place to make sure Moises is successful in the classroom?
- Moises cares about school, but an observer might not know it, why?
- Moises can't understand, read, or speak English, what types of behaviors could that lead to?
- What would happen to Moises with no intervention or support?